The Virtual Assistant Training Center
-> Basics of the E-Mail Approach|
|Basics of the E-Mail Approach|
|Introduction to Client Action & Acquisition|
letters have always been effective in prospecting for new clients and
increasing sales from current clients. Pre-approaches can be divided
into at least two categories: |
1. Total Needs: The advisor explains his/her practice, background and all the services the firm provides.
2. Single Needs: The advisor introduces a specific service or product.
The Virtual Assistant can help in both scenarios, but since the VSA supports advisors regardless of their practice specialty, distribution channel or career stage, we will concentrate on a Single Need approach to targeted prospects and/or clients
In the past, the problem with sending pre-approach letters was preparation time, expense and organization. Writing individual letters, addressing them and posting them was a long and protracted project, frequently with an assistant dedicated to the project. The Internet has changed all that and VSA's option to e-mail all the reports discussed below has become a vital part of the prospecting and approach system of advisors. Here are the steps that can be accomplished in minutes rather than hours!
1. Identify a prospect or client and determine a possible need for a specific product or service.
2. Go to Your Virtual Assistant and find a concept page, presentation or any content that supports the need you have Identified.
3. Create the report. (Click here to see samples of the hundreds of reports that are available.)
4. When prepared click on View Presentation.
5. CRUCIAL: Save the report in the client's name and the current date, e.g., "Joe Client 8 -14-2014." This will help you keep organized and, by saving it in the client's name, you virtually assure he/she will open the attachment you place on the e-mail.
6. Open your e-mail client and address to your client.
7. Insert verbiage into the body of the e-mail. Something like this:
Hi Rich, If you are like most of my clients, you would like to retire with a guaranteed lifetime income regardless of market fluctuations. I have prepared the attached report for one of our most popular concepts. I'll call in a few days to see if you would like more details and/or a personal quote. Regards, Bill O'Quin
8. Send the e-mail and follow-up with a call to see if he/she would like to discuss details. That is it!
See a 6-minute video on this concept at http://vsa.fsonline.com/vsap/e-marketing-systems.html
Pre-Approach E-Mail Examples
order to start using these compliance approved
materials with clients, click below: